Monday, May 25, 2009

Twitter Art Show: DEADLINE

I have read all the comments and suggestions. I have come up with a list of things we need to do and steps we need to take.
ME:
I am going to write an exhibition proposal for a traveling show related to Twitter. (See details below) The proposal package will be in CD form and we can send it to prospective galleries. Most gallery “calls for proposals” want this information:
1. Proposal (one page explanation)
2. Artist Statements
3. Artist Bio
4. Contact Information
5. IMAGES OF WORK
The requirements vary slightly from gallery to gallery. I can make adjustments as necessary.

YOU:
The very first thing we need is ART. I have created a brief prospectus which outlines the specific art requirements. The deadline for submittal of art images will be JUNE 30, 2009. Mark your calendars! This deadline is iron clad. I want to have the proposal CD created by July 4th.
Here is the .pdf file of the prospectus. I think it will answer quite a few questions you might have. If you have any problems downloading this file, email me and I will send it to you.
Twitter Art Show Prospectus

Please be my proofreaders! I have been working on this post and prospectus for nearly 5 hours. I am cross-eyed now. If you find errors, let me know!

ALL OF US:
While everyone works on their pieces in the next month, each week we will have time to discuss issues such as possible venues, financial issues, possible sponsors, promotion ideas, etc. via blog posts. As stated in previous post, this show will not be an online or virtual show. However, we can talk about having a web splash page to promote the show, feature participating artist info, and exhibition schedule. If you have ideas, submit your comments! Artists have already made suggestions and I am keeping a list of tips, connections, and possible venues.

Don't forget to vote in the “Title” poll on the right sidebar. Right now, we are using the name “Twitter Art Show” as a working title. This can be changed. Let’s take a vote.
(NOTE: Voting ended May 30th. The new title is: "TWITTER:140")

Final Note to Artist Members:
The number of artists in this group will change over time. This is natural. Some will read this and become disinterested. Some will not get the work done on time. Some will just have a change of heart. This is all just fine. If we end up with a core group of enthusiastic artists, the show will be successful. All artists should work on at least one piece for the proposal package. However depending on the number of artists participating and size of venues, we might be able to show more than one work at a time. We will have to be flexible and play it by ear. Also if your work sells in a particular show, you will need a replacement piece for the next show. Therefore, it is advisable that you consider working on more than one “twitter” piece.

At this time, I will leave the list of artist members on the blog sidebar and in the database “as is” until June 30th. If you know you want to drop out now, just email me. No problem. Once the June 30th deadline passes, I will adjust the member list to reflect those who have sent me the needed image and data for our proposal. It will be then that the membership list will be accurate and reflect participating artists. This final artist list will be those included in our proposal.
If there are any questions, feel free to comment on the blog or email me at wizzlewolf@aol.com

Now.
GO MAKE ART!

3 comments:

Kathy Ostman-Magnusen said...

You are so cool! I love it.

Kathy Ostman-Magnusen said...

Hey.. and we as artists want to have our art on Twitter's upcoming TV show! Smile.

Unknown said...

Hi! Just found you through Deborah Colter's blog. Can I join in the fun? Thanks! Linda