Friday, July 31, 2009

Twitter Art Show: Quick Update

1. I am wondering if no news is good news? The silence is deafening! There is very little news to report at this point. I sent out 12 proposals. Obviously, we had one positive response: Grandon Gallery. We also got one rejection email from a Florida gallery (figures!). So we still have ten proposals out with no responses yet. We will see. Keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer, do a rain dance, or whatever it takes to help us get MORE SHOWS!
2. Unfortunately, I got word that one artist has dropped out of the show. This is sad news. I wish him well and great success.
3. Artist of the Week blog posts will begin tomorrow August 1st. They will always be posted on Saturdays. I have created a schedule of AOW artists on the sidebar. If you want to join in, send me your stuff. Here are the simple directions:

Twitter "Artists of the Week"
If you want to participate all you have to do is write a two paragraph blurb about yourself. (Think in terms of “WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE HOW”) Send this to me in the text box of your email to me. Also, send ONE preferred URL and ONE photo of your art. The art you choose does not have to be your twitter piece. It can be any art you would like to showcase. When I set up your “Artist of the Week” entry, I will link the photo to your URL. If you are interested, send your paragraphs, URL, and .jpg to wizzlewolf@aol.com

That is all for now. Keep in touch and don’t forget to send me photos of your second Twitter 140 piece before you ship it to Grandon!
Talk to y’all later!

No comments: