Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Twitter Art Show: HAPPY DAYS!

OKEY ART Tweople! We have our finished artist list, refreshed sidebar links, and lots of great TWITTER related art! Hooray! I spent the morning sorting through all the entries, checking for any missing details, and organizing each artist’s folder. There are two more artists that are not on the list yet. However, I am waiting for a few details from them. I will add those when and if I get them. It looks pretty good!

I have to write the proposal. I need a least a week to get things prepared. I will write the proposal and introduction letter. I am going to put each artist's .jpg with their data on a uniformly sized template. Then I will burn CDs. Carla @naughtymutt has volunteered to create a logo using the @ symbol over small thumbnails of our work. I will use this graphic for our CD cover and header on the paperwork.

Now, I need all of your help. We need suggested venues to send the proposal. All venues should be galleries. Please think hard and be on the lookout for possible art spaces that might accept this proposal. You don’t even have to do any research. If you give me the name of a potential venue, I will do the legwork. I will look up the gallery, find their proposal requirements, and record their mailing address. In fact, when I get a list of venues, I will share them with you and we can decide where we want to send our proposals.

I would like to send out as many as ten proposal packages. Be prepared to be rejected. This is not a big deal. The important thing is to concentrate on being accepted by a few galleries. I believe that will happen! Also, do not sell or change the work you submitted. These pieces will be included as the art which represents our proposal. These pieces should be saved for this show.

That is all for now. When I get done with the proposal, I will share it with you via this blog. If there are any questions or concerns, let me know! You can email me or tweet me!
“OK kids, let’s put on a show!!!”

No comments: