Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Twitter Art Show: Twitter 140 CENTRAL!
I can hear the BUZZ! My computer room has turned into “Twitter 140 CENTRAL!” I wanted to wait for another day or two to post. However, things are happening so fast and furiously, I decided to post now. There are bunches of details I need to share. One of the things that is important to me is to keep you all informed. I feared if I waited longer, your head would start spinning like mine is now! Just for the sake of sanity, I am numbering my points. I am a right brain girl. I need some tool to keep me organized.
1. I have finished the proposal cover letter. I wanted to let you all know I stated each artist will provide TWO pieces for the show. I mentioned this back on the May 25th post. I wrote about how we have to play some of this by ear. Since we ended up with only 24 artists, this allows us to show 2 works each. This is a good thing. If you don’t have a second TWITTER piece, you can work on it if and when we get news we are showing in a gallery. I mentioned in that same post, it would be wise to have more Twitter art. If your work sells in one show and we need to move to another gallery, you will need a replacement piece anyway. REMEMBER: All pieces you make for this show must reflect the TWITTER theme and requirements. So, think ahead.
2. I changed the name of our show slightly. I removed the colon. Instead of Twitter:140, it is now Twitter 140. This is no big deal. It just wasn’t working graphically. Done.
3. I will be sending out a batch of proposals by the end of this week. We have a pretty good list of galleries. I am working my way down the list. I will send more out each week. I will write more about when and where I am sending these in the next blog post.
4. I want to remind all of you about the issue of REJECTION. You bet your bippy we will be rejected. I will share the rejection letters with you all. I just don’t want anyone to be discouraged. This is part of the deal. Sometimes our art lives are a bit of a crap shoot. That is just fine. The most important thing is we just keep moving. In our case, we will just keep sending out proposals. Someone somewhere will see we are good and right. We are simply looking for those people.
5. I am going to write another post in a few days. I will update you about the galleries to which I am sending proposals. Please be patient.
6. Lastly, I mentioned starting an “Artist of the Week” on this blog. We are going to do that for sure. In fact, I am going to make a schedule. I will let you all know YOUR week. You can write a paragraph or two about yourself and I will include that info and your website during your week. We will start this after I get at least a dozen proposals done and mailed. This should be in a week or two.
Enough for now. Is your head spinning yet?
Welcome to my world! :-)